WTRO GENERAL CONTEST RULES
Wherever the words WTRO appear in these rules, they include the business entity, to which Station WASL is licensed, and any member companies, parent corporations, and affiliates.
1) No purchase is necessary to enter any WTRO contest.
2) All Qualifiers must be permanent residents of Tennessee, Arkansas, or Missouri and must provide WTRO with a valid form of identification and Social Security number satisfactory to WTRO management.
3) Subject to rule (4) below, all Qualifiers must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to participate in contests that include hotel/motel accommodations, motor vehicles, boats, and/or air travel as prizes.
4) All Qualifiers must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor.
5) One entry per household will be permitted to participate in a contest. A "household" is defined as any individuals residing at the same address. After winning a contest on WTRO, the individual/household is ineligible to win any other contests on WTRO for a period of thirty (30) days. All individuals/households receiving a prize valued at $500.00 or more on WTRO may be issued a 1099 Federal Income Tax Form by WTRO, and are ineligible to win a prize valued at $500.00 or more for a period of one calendar year from the date of winning. If it is determined that a selected Qualifier is ineligible as a result of one or both of these restrictions, another Qualifier will be selected. This selection procedure will continue until these restrictions are satisfied.
6) Anytime the WTRO on-air studio is called, it is assumed by the caller that the phone call is being recorded and may be broadcast. The caller grants permission to WTRO to broadcast the call or record the call for later broadcast.
6a) For telephone contests, listeners may enter by calling 731-285-1450. If any problems are discovered by WTRO, different call-in numbers or addresses may be substituted and utilized after those numbers and addresses are broadcast on WTRO. In the event a caller is disconnected during a contest before his/her name and phone number is recorded, then the prize will be awarded to the next caller whose name and phone number are recorded. The person operating the telephone at WTRO has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
7) For contests requiring written entry forms, they may be faxed to 731-287-0328, or mailed/delivered to WTRO – 2555 Burks Place, Dyersburg, TN 38024. All entries become property of WTRO and will not be returned. WTRO reserves the right to retain any or all contest materials for any reason that WTRO deems necessary to the completion of the contest, or reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising. WTRO shall have no responsibility for a Qualifier’s failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
8) Any specific rules and/or restrictions pertaining to individual contests (entry dates, a limit on the number or words on an entry, etc.) will be disclosed in on-air announcements.
9) Prizes must be picked up by the winners at the WTRO business office or other pre-arranged or pre-announced location within thirty (30) days of notification to the winner, unless there is a deadline date by which the prizes must be picked up, in which case, that date will be specifically stated. Otherwise, failure to pick up the prizes by the deadline will result in the forfeiture of the prize, which shall remain the property of WTRO. WTRO assumes no liability for the delivery of prizes.
10) In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WTRO’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WTRO awarding the prize to the winner. WTRO shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WTRO shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
11) As a condition of entering a contest, Qualifiers must agree that upon winning, they will consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with WTRO for publicity purposes.
12) Employees of WTRO, Burks Broadcasting Radio Group, (and its ultimate parent company, Dr.Pepper/Pepsi Bottling Company, Inc.of Dyersburg, TN), their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the (WTRO) main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
13) All prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. WTRO reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. WTRO cannot be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of concerts/events or transportation caused by weather, promoter or performer.
14) Winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Winner may be issued a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won in contests from WTRO and/or participating co-sponsors exceeds $600.00.
15) WTRO, Burks Broadcastng Radio Group, assumes no liability for liability, damages, situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WTRO, Burks Broadcasting Radio Group, all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies, affiliates thereof, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest. As a condition of entering a contest, participants may be required, upon winning, to sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the Qualifier’s right to claim or receive the prize.
16) All giveaways and contests are void where prohibited by law. All local, state and federal regulations apply. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WTRO reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WTRO management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant. WTRO reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the contest rules have been violated in any way. WTRO reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. All decisions of WTRO are final.
17) Although WTRO will make reasonable efforts to conduct its contests substantially as announced or advertised, WTRO reserves the right to change or modify the rules of its contests as exigent circumstances may require. In such cases, WTRO will amend the rules for that contest and broadcast the amended rules as promptly as possible. In such case, the contest will be conducted in accordance with the amended rules.
18) A copy of these rules are available during business hours (9:00am-4:00pm M-Thu) at the WTRO studios, 2555 Burks Place, Dyersburg, TN 38024